Back To School Night
SAVE THE DATE!
August 19th, 3:00pm – 7:00pm
2021-2022 Fees Are Now Online
The Ankeny Community School District (ACSD) is committed to keeping our students, staff, and community safe while we continue to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic. In order to respect current social distancing requirements and to protect the health and safety of our staff and community, the procedures communicated below may be different compared to past practices.
Ankeny Community Schools is accepting the annual textbook rental fees, purchases of CIML (Central Iowa Metro League) student activity tickets, K-8 activity passes, eight-punch pass activity tickets, parking passes, and meal account deposits for the 2021-2022 school year. Fees are accepted by:
- Credit/debit card online at TouchBase. This is the preferred method of payment.
- NEW/CHANGE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Credit/debit card at a building.
- School building: An appointment must be made by calling that building’s main office. Please know that office hours may be limited.
- District Office building: An appointment must be made by calling 515-965-9600. Please know that office hours may be limited. Checking the website would be beneficial.
- Credit/debit card numbers CANNOT be taken over the phone.
- Mail check to 306 SW School Street, PO box 189, Ankeny 50021-0189 using this payment form.
You can learn more about how to use TouchBase by reading this new user guide.
Important points regarding online payments:
- Meal account deposits may be made throughout the school year. Try the recurring purchases feature on TouchBase!
- NEW/CHANGE to staying online all school year: League student activity tickets (9-12 only) and the K-8 grade activity tickets may be purchased online all school year.
- Eight-punch activity tickets can be purchased online until Sunday, August 8. Beginning August 9, payments for the eight-punch activity tickets/passes may be purchased from your feeder system’s high school Activity Office or at a home event.
- TouchBase can be found under Online Payments, which is located in the Quick Links at the top right and bottom of the page. Please note, when accessing TouchBase, you will be leaving the Ankeny Schools website and entering a secured environment hosted by InTouch Receipting.
What is the annual Textbook Rental?
The Textbook Rental is an Iowa Department of Education state-wide term used that covers not only textbooks, but electronic textbooks and any supplementary instructional materials used that conveys information to the student or otherwise contributes to the learning process. This is referenced and authorized in Iowa Code 301.1.
If you have already paid the textbook rental fee for this year, you do not need to do so again.
Free/Reduced Priced Meals and Other Fees
To be eligible for free/reduced price meals and textbook rental fees, you must submit an application and the fee waiver form EACH SCHOOL YEAR. This can be done online late July on the nutrition services free and reduced meals webpage.
Please contact LeeAnna Vigor before completing an application, if:
- You are enrolling a kindergarten student and another student in your household was eligible for free or reduced meals the previous school year.
- You have a student who is transferring from another school in Iowa and was eligible for free or reduced meals at that school. Eligibility does NOT automatically transfer – you need to notify LeeAnna Vigor.
- The state has placed a foster student in your care.
To be eligible for Free/Reduced Text book Rental, a free/reduced priced meal application and the fee waiver form must be completed and approved on October 4, 2021 or before. If not, unless a student is a new enrollee, full priced Textbook Rental Fees will be applicable for students in your household. PLEASE NOTE: if a fee waiver is applicable, it is only valid if completed and submitted within that eligible school year.
- For questions about fee and/or fine balances, fee and/or fine payments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about meal balances and/or meal payments or School Cafe, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Free and Reduced Meal Program, please email email@example.com.
- For questions about the Before and After School Program and/or about the payment structure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message From the Nurse Regarding Incoming 7th Graders
If you have an Incoming 7th Grade student, please make sure to get your Tdap booster and the Meningococcal vaccine scheduled.
A link to my letter.
Save The Date: JAG Camp August 12th
Jag Camp is for all incoming 6th graders and is a great way for students to learn about the building, meet students from other schools, and have a great time doing so! We always conclude the time with a family picnic catered by Hy-Vee.
Please reserve the morning of August 12 and know more information is to follow.
School Supply Kits for Fall
No more running around looking for those school supplies that are picked over and hard to find. We are offering you a full school supply pack ready for your kids to pick up in their homeroom class where we all start the first day of school. All required supplies will be bundled, bagged, and ready for use. CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER TODAY. For detailed instruction on where to buy in InTouch, please click here. ORDERS ARE DUE BY JULY 10th.
PACK 1 $22.00 All of the essential supplies on our school supply list • (5 notebooks, 5 folders,4 Pencils – #2, Colored Pencils, 1 Highlighter • any color, 3 pack of Post-it Notes (3×3 size), 2 each wide-rule composition • notebook, ear buds/headphones (for Chromebooks)
PACK 2 $38.00 Includes all of the items in Pack 1 plus a water bottle and Jag drawstring bag suitable for Chromebooks, notebooks, etc.
Prairie Ridge Middle School is on Twitter
We’re on Twitter!
Follow us @AnkenyPRMS to keep up with all of the happenings at Prairie Ride Middle School!
Register your family at SchoolCafe
How to register with SchoolCafe:
*IMPORTANT* – Before registering for a SchoolCafe account you will need your child’s student ID number. This can be found by logging into Ankeny School’s student data base (Infinite Campus). Click this link: Infinite Campus Link
- Click on this SchoolCafe link: schoolcafe.com
- Click on “Register, I need an account”
- Follow the five easy steps to create your account and enjoy all of the following SchoolCafe offerings.
Go Mobile (Parents and Students):
Parents and students can download the SchoolCafe App to a mobile device (Android or Iphone)
Parents can view all the information listed below.
- View account balance
- View the breakfast and lunch offerings at their school
- Rate and share feedback on menu items
Menus and Nutrition:
View menus and nutritional information
Rate your favorite menu items and share feedback
Build a breakfast or lunch tray with your child to know what they are eating
Free/Reduced Meal Eligibility:
Complete online free/reduced priced meal applications at a computer or on your mobile device
Complete waiver forms to provide assistance for text book fees and other expenses
Access your free/reduced information anytime online
Payments and Finance:
*IMPORTANT* – Lunch payments will continue to be made at www.Payforit.net or by sending a check/cash to school with your child.
- View lunch account balances
- Set daily spending limits on a la carte purchases for your child.
View itemized detail about what your child is eating and how much they are spending.